Wednesday, July 4, 2007

STADIUM OF FIRE - 13 yrs & counting!


Another great year of Stadium of Fire! For the family that has lived here and left without the experience of the Stadium of Fire song, you truly have missed out. We go every year with Judi & any brothers that live here or are visiting here on the 4th. Tonight, Ken, Brendan & Chris's families all were here (they all live here). All the other brothers were here in spirit though. The Osmond brothers - 2nd generation did not play this year - a miracle we are grateful for.
Corbin Bleu was the big attraction for my kids this year - HUGE! If any of you old folks don't know who he is, he is the new Micheal Jackson. (Star of high school musical & Jump In) The cousins all went crazy dancing on the bleacher seats when he came & started singing. I saw a glimpse of riley as a teenager. Also, Brooks & Dunn. I have to say, so far away from my Motown roots. EVERY year they get country (which I can't stand) but these guys actually put on a good show. I'm waiting for the day when The Temptations, Earth, Wind & Fire or Cool & the Gang come. I will fly dad out for that for sure! (We have seen all of those bands & they were absolutely incredible!!! I stormed the stage at The Temptations & the big guy leaned over on the stage & kissed me...that's a whole other story). The highlight of the evening was Andie. She just stared at the fireworks and didn't mind them at all. Her eyes were huge but she enjoyed them. Taylor & I enjoyed just watching her.


Many of you might not know this, but the 4th is probably the biggest holiday at our home (besides christmas although it comes close). My kids are obsessed with fireworks. Cole spends his own money, price compares, makes his purchase and then he will save them all year long. Sometimes, when the 4th rolls around, he still saves them until the next 4th. No joke. Hoards them. Well, the time has come. When william was over yesterday, they allowed Taylor to light a few up for Williams enjoyment. William has no idea what an act of love that was. Right now, it is 11:45 p.m. & my kids & Taylor are putting on their private show for themselves. I must go now - I am being summoned.

*A funny* - I overheard Cole talking to his 5th grade cousin the other day. Jaxson says to him, "Man, I have 7 girls that like me." Cole responds with a complete straight face, "that's nothing! Every girl in 3rd grade is in love with me!"

5 comments:

katieo said...

My favorite part of that picture is Andie! (uh. what's going on here?)
That's so funny she loved the fireworks. We were nervous with Thomas too, but he just sat there and yelled at them.

Sarah said...

My boys love fireworks, but not that much! I watched them from our van with our Thomas while John took the other boys outside. We had been to two picnics, swimming twice and we were all in bed asleep by 10:30. (Yes I love not having day light savings time!)

Glad you had such a great day and night with "STADIUM OF FIIIIAH"

Emily said...

Cole,
Uncle Doug and the boys save their money for the entire year to buy fireworks as well. We have to buy them in either Wisconsin or Michigan, because they only sell the stupid ones here in Minnesota, none of the good stuff that flies in the air or gives a big explosion. I have a plan: How about instead of getting together for Christmas, our families will get together on the 4th of July and we can have a huge fireworks extravaganza? I know Katelyn and Daniel love fireworks as well, so maybe we can get them in on the action as well. Since you guys probably don't want to miss Stadium of Fire, we'll want to come out there. I'm not sure how I feel about loading our van with explosives and driving across the country, but Uncle Doug will figure something out. We've done worse things, that's for sure. Ok, I guess it's up to me to save my money for gas for our trip so Doug can save for fireworks. Let's do it!!
Emily

Jen said...

Um - Corbin Bleu is way more cool than Michael Jackson! That kid has talent! My kids wish they could flip and dance like he does. They would have LOVED to have seen him in person!!! I bet it was fun! We'd love to see Brooks and Dunn...

Stephanie said...

If I was in third grade, I'd be in love with Cole, too.