Sunday, December 20, 2009


NEW CHAPTER: RINGING IN THE NEW YEAR - DAYTON STYLE! NOTHING IS BORING, NOTHING IS CALM...COMES IN WITH A BANG

On to the new year. One of my resolutions was be a more patient mother. I'm always so tired and thus I don't think I'm patient enough. I was writing this down on my bed and Steele was getting up from his nap. (He sleeps in our closet). I opened the door and immediately stepped in something wet. Then I smelled. Then I looked. There was no loin cloth on that child. It was across the room with the brown contents shrewn all over also. Then I looked in his pack-in-play. Wetness. When I lifted the mattress? A river. Not just some puddles. A RIVER. I should of run and gotten my camera but when I picked him up he grabbed my long hair with his "brown" hands. What did I do? Are any of you surprised? Yes, I just turned my head 45 degrees and threw up in the toilet. AHHHHH...the new year starts!

The next day Taylor noticed that the toilet on the main floor was clogged. He thought the plunger might be in our bathroom but since Steele was sleeping in there he just shut the door. I thought to myself, "we should probably lock that". But of course, didn't listen to that little prompting. Come on - prompting for a toilet???? Well, the kids came home and Taylor and I left to go pick up my car. Luckily Riley went to use the bathroom. Why is it lucky? She cannot use a toilet unless there is nothing in there. Since there was too much water and a little toilet paper (probably put in by Steele) she flushed it. Well, the water started pouring out. We got the phone call so we turned around. Luckily we were only a couple of blocks away. When we got home, I waited in the car while Taylor leisurely walked in. (if you don't know this by now, Taylor doesn't rush for anything). Well, Riley came out and said there sure was a lot of water! I just stayed there. I have never seen a toilet REALLY overflow. We have always caught it in time. Well, then Cole came out. "Mom, the water is just about to the computers." WHAT?! That is down the hall and into the other room! I flew inside to see just a sea of water and the kids going bezerk! Where was our plunger you ask? AT AMY'S HOME! I left it for her just in case....!!! I ran next door and grabbed their plunger. Taylor by then had had the sense to lift up the chain inside the toilet. I cannot tell you how much water there was. It was amazing. Then, we went downstairs and saw the river coming from our ceiling down onto our food storage. It had gone through the vents. At that point, I had had it. I went and picked up our car. Riley asked if we were going to die because our food storage was ruined. I didn't have the heart to tell her I wanted to die at that particular moment....not really...no one panic....I just knew the hours of cleaning, washing and the smell it was creating for me and Taylor. So everyone...HAPPY NEW YEAR! And make sure you have a plunger!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I want to come to YOUR house next Christmas. Ours was way too low-key, I'm in need of some Dayton action! How nice to have your mom there, and to spend Christmas Eve with G&G Walker. They're so cute. Though I'm not sorry to have missed you throwing up because of the poop in your hair or the overflowing toilet. You had too much fun, karma had to come mellow you out. :)